Brought to you by Nuffnang and IMK
It wasn't until this past year that I realised the existence of stick mixers. They are a great alternative to food processors - perfect for those with less storage space, or for those who prefer a more convenient and less bulky tool in general.
The power unit can either be attached to the chopping bowl or the blending shaft, extending its use to mixing drinks, chopping and pureeing fruits and veggies and lots more. I decided to put each component to the test by trying out two different recipes.
First off, I used the chopping bowl as a blender to make a smoothie. I added 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice to the bowl as well as chopped banana, apple, pear and strawberries. I gave it a couple blitzes, starting from low speed to high speed with a few bursts in between, and they were in a million pieces in no time!
A glass for hubby and a glass for me. It was a perfect booster, and we got all our daily fruit intake in one delicious hit!
Next up, I tested the capability of the blending shaft while making cream of cauliflower soup. After the vegetables had softened from all the simmering, I whipped out the stick blender and whittled it down into a creamy consistency.
And I had myself a bowl of creamy cauliflower soup with some great texture!
What I love:
- Red indicator light when it is plugged in
- 700mL capacity of the chopping bowl, not too much and not too little
- Different speed options plus a turbo boost when needed, which means food can be processed to different consistencies
- Quick, powerful and easy to use
- Easy to clean and reduces the amount of other bowls and appliances needed
- Versatile - can be used for soups, smoothies, dips, sauces and lots more
Things to consider:
- Power cord is slightly under a metre, therefore you might have to move your pot depending on the placement of power points and stove in your kitchen
- Stick blenders in general do not blend soups to 100% smoothness, so don't expect a velvety and silky texture
There's no doubt that this stick mixer has become a great addition to my kitchen. The IMK Pro Colour range offers kettles, blenders, toasters and stick mixers in a variety of fun colours. (Think red, or mint, or purple!) and are available across all Spotlight stores. Click here to find out more about the range!