It was an amazing three days. Theme parks, morning ocean views, two dinners in one night, hiking in the rainforest, long walks along the beach, it was bliss. We didn't do and stay anywhere fancy, but it was perfect. We did what we wanted, ate whatever we liked, slept whenever we felt like it.
By the end of the trip, I couldn't believe that three days could pass by so quickly but I feel rejuvenated. We've decided to return in the near future and stay for longer, and also hire a car so that we can explore national parks that are located further out. Having said that, we found the public transport in Gold Coast so easy and convenient. Most services were frequent and generally on time (what a difference from Melbourne!).
There are so many more suburbs and parks I want to explore, in particular Springbook National Park and Lamington National Park for the waterfalls and glow worms, and maybe Harbour Town Outlet when I'm more in a shopping mood!
Accommodation: Ocean Pacific Resort, Broadbeach
- Bavarian Bier Café, Broadbeach
- Movie World
- Food Fantasy, Jupiters Casino
- Carrara Markets, Carrara
- Pacific Fair Shopping Centre, Broadbeach
- Osaka Kaiten Sushi, Surfers Paradise
- Beachfront Night Markets, Surfers Paradise
- Black Coffee Lyrics, Surfers Paradise
- Borough Barista, Burleigh Heads - (where we had the best meal of our trip!)
- Burleigh Heads National Park