What you need:
Polymer clay in pomegranate and pearl (Over The Rainbow, $4 per 57g block)
Waxed cotton cord (Ebay, $1.20 per 10m)
Silver ribbon (Spotlight)
What to do:
1. Condition and combine a quarter block of pomegranate polymer clay and a quarter block of pearl polymer clay. (I chose this combination to obtain this particular shiny, rosy colour. Alternatively, you can use a colour or combination of your choice).
2. Continue mixing until the colours are blended.
3. Form round beads by rolling small portions of polymer clay between your palms. Make seven beads of varying sizes - two small, two medium, two large and one extra large.
4. Push the skewer through the centre of the beads to create a hole for threading.
5. Bake in oven according to packet instructions.
6. Cut a piece of cord about 1m long and thread the beads in the following order: small - medium - large - extra large - large - medium - small.
7. Ensure the beads are centred on the cord. Tie an overhand knot as close as possible to the last bead on both sides.
8. Hold the cord around your neck and adjust the length of the necklace. Tie an overhand knot using both ends of the cord.
9. Cut two pieces of ribbon and tie over both knots. Trim if necessary.