15mmx10mm gold open link chain, long enough to wrap around hips 1 time (Equip, $3; also available on Ebay or Etsy)
1 inch wide strip of lightweight fabric, long enough to wrap around hips 2.5 times (old scarf)
8mm jump rings x 2 (Ebay, $1.50 for 300)
8mmx14mm lobster clasp x 1 (Ebay, $1 for 10)
Flat nose pliers x 2 (Ebay, $9 for 4)
Small safety pin (not pictured)
What to do:
1. Wrap the gold chain around your hips where the belt will sit comfortably.
2. Using two flat nose pliers, remove one link to obtain the desired length.
3. Attach one of the jump rings to one end of the chain.
4. Attach the other jump ring to the lobster clasp.
5. Attach the jump ring plus lobster clasp to the other end of the chain.
6. Attach a safety pin small enough to fit through the chain holes to your fabric. Weave the fabric in and out of the chain, untwisting the chain as you go. Leave at least 30cm of fabric hanging from each end to tie a ribbon. Cut excess fabric if necessary.
I think it turned out pretty good, it looks pretty similar to the one on Forever New! I might try it with some paisley fabric next (leopard isn't really my thing, I don't even know why I had that scarf in the first place!).